Tandem Ciders is the result of two hearts coming together in one spot of Ciderville (the east coast) and finding their way to Michigan.
In the late 1990’s Dan Young who was the co-owner and brewer at The People’s Pint in Greenfield was full on with the craft beer scene. It was at The Pint where he met his future wife Nikki Rothwell while she was working towards her Ph.D. at the University of Massachusetts. With Nikki’s roots in Michigan(she works at Michigan State University’s Extension specializing in Agriculture and Fruits) a trip to the UK during the courtship and the abundance of Michigan apples it was only a matter of time before Dan set his sights on cider.
Tandem Ciders buys most of their juice for their cider making locally, but they also press apples using an Oesco rack and cloth press.
- Ginger Ale – I’ve had Dan’s Ginger Ale that he made when at The Pint and it was fantastic!
- Sparkling Apple
Dan is a newly elected Board Member of the United States Association of Cider Makers
Contact: Tandem Ciders
2055 N. Setterbo Road
Suttons Bay, MI 49682
Tasting Room Hours
Monday – Saturday: Noon until 6 p.m.
Sunday: Noon until 5 p.m.
Closed Tuesday & Wednesday from January through May.
de Gulderling cidery in Netherlands http://www.degulderling.nl/
Ask for the following 7 #CiderGoingUP Campaign cider supporters – By supporting these cider makers, you in turn help Ciderville.
- Kurant Cider – Pennsylvania : listen to Joe Getz on episode 14
- Big Apple Hard Cider – NYC : listen to Danielle von Scheiner on episode 35
- Oliver’s Cider and Perry – Herefordshire/UK ; listen to Tom Oliver on episode 29
- Santa Cruz Cider Company – California : listen to Nicole Todd on episode 60
- The Cider Project aka EthicCider– California
- Albermale CiderWorks : listen to Chuck Shelton on episode 56
- Cider Summit : listen to Alan Shapiro founder of this cider fest on episode 75.
Please Help Support Cider Chat Please donate today. Help keep the chat thriving!
Find this episode and all episodes at the page for Cider Chat’s podcasts.
Follow on twitter @ciderchat
Haven’t downloaded this chat yet? Here is is again.