Charles McGonegal has been teaches a workshop on Sensory Analysis for cider judges, makers, enthusiasts and at both CiderCon (the United States Association o Cider Makers annual conference) and GLINTCAP (Great Lakes International Cider and Perry Competition.
Charles calls this workshop The Element of Cider.
It provides a vocabulary check or what he considers the basics of cider from the sensory and the chemical perspectives.
He had 10 flights at the Chicago CiderCon – where he changed just one thing in each glass of cider. He is asking people to define the taste of the cider.
Enjoy this chat and if you like this chat and I expect you will!
Listen to the previous episode #83 with Charles as he discusses both his cidery, AEppelTreow in Wisconsin and making perry!
telephone: (262) 878-5345
1072 288th Ave
Burlington, WI 53105
Mentions in this Chat
- Cider Chat episode 081 Stephanie & Aaron Carson | Gypsy Circus Cider Co, Tennessee
Enter the Giveaway for 2 tickets to Cider Circus August 26, 2017 at Copper Mountain Ski Resort in Colorado http://cidercircus.com/ Enter by subscribing to eCiderNews and be automatically entered or become a Patron of Cider Chat and be entered automatically to all Cider Chat contests and giveaways.
Ask for the following 7 #CiderGoingUP Campaign cider supporters – By supporting these cider makers, you in turn help Ciderville.
- Kurant Cider – Pennsylvania : listen to Joe Getz on episode 14
- Big Apple Hard Cider – NYC : listen to Danielle von Scheiner on episode 35
- Oliver’s Cider and Perry – Herefordshire/UK ; listen to Tom Oliver on episode 29
- Santa Cruz Cider Company – California : listen to Nicole Todd on episode 60
- The Cider Project aka EthicCider– California
- Albermale CiderWorks : listen to Chuck Shelton on episode 56
- Cider Summit : listen to Alan Shapiro founder of this cider fest on episode 75.
Please Help Support Cider Chat Please donate today. Help keep the chat thriving!
Find this episode and all episodes at the page for Cider Chat’s podcasts.
Follow on twitter @ciderchat
Haven’t downloaded this chat yet? Here is is again.