Swilled Dog Hard Cider is a family owned cidery located in the Shenandoah Valley of West Virginia.
Swilled Dog launched in January 2017, and and began selling its wares in March.
This is the 2nd cider company to launch in the past five years in West Virginia, the first being Hawk Nob Appalachian Hard Cider & Mead.
Currently there is not Tasting Room at the cidery, but that shouldn’t deter you from visiting the area, which borders Virginia and a plethora of ciders. Swill Dog is approximately 3 hours from Baltimore Maryland and 2 hours from the District of Columbia.
Why try Swill Dog?
- This new startup sent four of their ciders to the Great Lakes International Cider & Perry Competition and each cider received a medal.
Current list of their Ciders
Bunny Slope – hopped cider “Our Bunny Slope 6.0%
Carmel Apple – semi-sweet cider 6.0%
Walk the Dog – semi dry cider 6.0%
Island Vibe – pineapple apple cider 6.0%
WV Scrumpy – made with locally foraged apples 6.9%
Apple Bottom 6.5%
Granny Gold 6.0%
Coming Soon: Pumpkin Patch
Says Brad Glover of Swill Dog Hard Cider, “We want to make cider that is approachable to everybody, the more palates you can hit with your cider, the better off we will all be as people get interested in your cider. And they will ask what else do you have.”
Contact: Swilled Dog Hard Cider
Mentions in this chat
Michelle Sikes is the artist behind the label for Swilled Dog
Ask for the following 8 #CiderGoingUP Campaign cider supporters – By supporting these cider makers, you in turn help Ciderville.
- Kurant Cider – Pennsylvania : listen to Joe Getz on episode 14
- Big Apple Hard Cider – NYC : listen to Danielle von Scheiner on episode 35
- Oliver’s Cider and Perry – Herefordshire/UK ; listen to Tom Oliver on episode 29
- Santa Cruz Cider Company – California : listen to Nicole Todd on episode 60
- The Cider Project aka EthicCider– California
- Albermale CiderWorks : listen to Chuck Shelton on episode 56
- Cider Summit : listen to Alan Shapiro founder of this cider fest on episode 75.
- Ramborn Cider Co. Luxembour
- 9. Big Fish Cider Co. Virginia
Please Help Support Cider Chat Please donate today. Help keep the chat thriving!
Find this episode and all episodes at the page for Cider Chat’s podcasts.
Follow on twitter @ciderchat
Haven’t downloaded this chat yet? Here is is again.