Ramborn Cider Company located in Luxembourg is helping to revive the cidermaking tradition as the country’s first commercial cidery. Ramborn offers a range cider styles from Farmhouse, Somerset Blend (Luxembourg and English cider apples) and a New World hopped cider. Ramborn has an eau de vie which is a apple brandy produced by means of fermentation and double distillation.
In this chat I speak with Adie Kaye and discuss his upcoming trip to the Seattle Cider Summit on September 8 & 9, 2017. Make sure to say “Hi” to Adie if you see him at the Summit and tell him that you heard him speak on Cider Chat!
Ramborn is available in Luxembourg and in the state of Wisconsin in the US.
Luxembourg word for cider is “viez” – comes from Latin word for second wine “viez vinum”
Contact Ramborn Cider Company
address: 23 Duerfstrooss, 6660 Bur, Luxembourg
telephone: +352 26 72 92 04
Mentions in this chat:
- Wouter Bilj – CiderCider – the Netherlands first cider store. Listen to Wouter’s on the Netherlands cider scene
- ciderGoingUP Campaign for commercial cidermakers and folks in the cider trade
- Washington Cider week September 7-17, 2017
Pommes In Art presents in this epsidoe:
Still Life with Apples and Pears, by Paul Cézanne read the first blog
Ask for the following 9 #ciderGoingUP Campaign sponsors – By supporting these cider makers, you in turn help Cider Chat
- Kurant Cider – Pennsylvania : listen to Joe Getz on episode 14
- Big Apple Hard Cider – NYC : listen to Danielle von Scheiner on episode 35
- Oliver’s Cider and Perry – Herefordshire/UK ; listen to Tom Oliver on episode 29
- Santa Cruz Cider Company – California : listen to Nicole Todd on episode 60
- The Cider Project aka EthicCider– California
- Albermale CiderWorks : listen to Chuck Shelton on episode 56
- Cider Summit : listen to Alan Shapiro founder of this cider fest on episode 75.
- Ramborn Cider Co. Luxembourg.
- Big Fish Cider Co. Virginia
Please Help Support Cider Chat Please donate today. Help keep the chat thriving!
Find this episode and all episodes at the page for Cider Chat’s podcasts.
Follow on twitter @ciderchat
Haven’t downloaded this chat yet? Here is is again.