The chat with Jérome Dupont on this podcast episode 98 begins at 8:02 minutes in!
The Domaine Dupont Background story
In this chat I speak with Jérome Dupont the great grandson of Jules Dupont who bought Domaine Dupont with the mother load of calvados in 1887. Jérome and his father Etienne Dupont and his sister Anne-Pamy Dupont now run the estate.
Domaine Dupont is on the Route du Cidre in the region of Normandy called Pays d’Auge.
We chat on the growing cider culture in the US and France and working with wild yeast.
The head cidermaker’s name is Arnaud Ramsayer.
Jérome works with his father distilling the cidre to make calvados.
Pommeau is a blend of fresh pressed apple juice and calvados.
Contact info for Domaine Dupont
address: 14430 Victot-Pontfol, France
telephone: +33 (0)231.632.424
Ask for the following 9 #ciderGoingUP Campaign sponsors – By supporting these cider makers, you in turn help Cider Chat
- Kurant Cider – Pennsylvania : listen to Joe Getz on episode 14
- Big Apple Hard Cider – NYC : listen to Danielle von Scheiner on episode 35
- Oliver’s Cider and Perry – Herefordshire/UK ; listen to Tom Oliver on episode 29
- Santa Cruz Cider Company – California : listen to Nicole Todd on episode 60
- The Cider Project aka EthicCider– California
- Albermale CiderWorks : listen to Chuck Shelton on episode 56
- Cider Summit : listen to Alan Shapiro founder of this cider fest on episode 75.
- Ramborn Cider Co. Luxembourg.
- Big Fish Cider Co. Virginia
Please Help Support Cider Chat Please donate today. Help keep the chat thriving!
Find this episode and all episodes at the page for Cider Chat’s podcasts.
Follow on twitter @ciderchat
Haven’t downloaded this chat yet? Here is is again.