Vincent Godefroy is one smart cidermaker in France. He saw the opportunity to entice tourist visiting the nearby white cliffs of Etretat to his cidery. Vincent and Marie-Clarie Godefroy full service cider destination offers lodging for two adults in a large wooden barrel and the is space for two kids too!
The Godefroy’s welcome over 5000 visitors each year to an area that is dominated by flax and rye farms. They produce over 50,000 bottles of cider per year, selling half of those bottles at their gift shop and the other half within a 30 kilometer radius of their cidery.
What to eat with Vincent’s ciders?
The blue label is an extra dry and is best served with seafood
The semi dry goes well with the local cheese Neufchâtel
Contact info for Ecomusee de la Pomme et du Cidre
Owners and Makers: Vincent et Marie-Claire Godefroy
telephone: +33 2 35 27 41 09
address: 1315 route de Goderville
76110 BRETTEVILLE DU GRAND
Mentions in the Chat
- Ned Lawton updated us on the California fires happening this October in the Sonoma and Napa regions.
- Battonage: Stirring in the lees is a technique used to keep the lees in solution helping to gobble up oxygen and providing a broader mouthfeel.
- New York City Cider Week Oct 20 -29
- CiderDays, Franklin County Massachusetts November 3rd, 4th & 5th
- Go to the Cider Meetup at the Root Cellar on Friday night November 3rd 6-8pm. Bring a bottle of cider to share, $5 corking fee applies.
Ask for the following 9 #ciderGoingUP Campaign sponsors – By supporting these cider makers, you in turn help Cider Chat
- Kurant Cider – Pennsylvania : listen to Joe Getz on episode 14
- Big Apple Hard Cider – NYC : listen to Danielle von Scheiner on episode 35
- Oliver’s Cider and Perry – Herefordshire/UK ; listen to Tom Oliver on episode 29
- Santa Cruz Cider Company – California : listen to Nicole Todd on episode 60
- The Cider Project aka EthicCider– California
- Albermale CiderWorks : listen to Chuck Shelton on episode 56
- Cider Summit : listen to Alan Shapiro founder of this cider fest on episode 75.
- Ramborn Cider Co. Luxembourg.
- Big Fish Cider Co. Virginia
Please Help Support Cider Chat Please donate today. Help keep the chat thriving!
Find this episode and all episodes at the page for Cider Chat’s podcasts.
Follow on twitter @ciderchat
Haven’t downloaded this chat yet? Here is is again.