Reserve your spot today for the Totally Cider Tour to the UK! The cider tour begins in Bristol, UK on April 25th and then after that evening’s dinner at The Stable for the “Ultimate Cider” dinner we head out to tour around Somerset and then Herefordshire through May 2nd. Sign up for a trip of a lifetime and come along with Ria, the host of Cider Chat and fellow cider travels.
The main chat this week begins at 10:54 minutes
The Cider Junction is a 31 tap cider bistro and bottle shop (26 being cider taps), located 10 minutes from San Jose International Airport and smack in the middle of an area once known as “Valley of Heart’s Delight”! Thanks to owners/publicans Claudia Derp and Tracy Smith craft cider is pouring seven days a week in San Jose California.
For this chat I headed to The Cider Junction with “The Nose” to meet Claudia and Tracy. I was curious to hear how their newly opened “bistro and bottle shop” was doing only one month after their opening.
Listen along as we discover the background story behind The Cider Junction, why this area of San Jose known as Willow Glen is a not so hidden gem in the middle of this bright, light city and what to expect when you visit The Cider Junction.
Download the Digital Pour App to find the latest selection of ciders on tap at The Cider Junction.
Contact for The Cider Junction
- 820 Willow St
- San Jose (Willow Glen), CA 95125
Hours: *** note closed on Monday during the winter
- Monday – Friday 4 pm to 10 pm (or later)
- Saturday 11 am – midnight
- Sunday 11 am – 8 pm
Cider Events, thangs….Cideries Mentioned in this cha
- a Gin Barrel aged cider from Golden State Cider
- an Imperial Macintosh cider from Humboldt Cider
- the “Man Goh” Mango-Habanero cider from 2 Towns cider
- “Meet the Maker/Tap Takeover” with 101 Cider this coming Friday, 12/15. We will have 3 of their staple ciders and 2 special releases (one with grape skin fermentation, the other blended with port wine)
- Another such event is planned for January,
- PLUS…. a cider launch event for a cider company that is launching their product in California (their HQ is outside CA),
- plus we are planning a “meet the women cider makers” for late Jan/early Feb
- Also on the horizon: cheese pairing event, cider appreciation class and paint nite just to name a few.
- Cider Walk –Willow Glen, San Jose
- UpCider, San Francisco cider bar
- Rabbit’s Foot Meadery, with cider and beer too – Tasting Room
- Redwood Coast Cider, San Carlos, CA
- Crooked City City, Oakland, CA
- Gowan’s Heirloom Ciders, Anderson Valley, Mendocino County
Then to Santa Cruz!
February 11, 2018 – New York International Beer Competition (NYIBC) is accepting cider entries NOW! NYIBC is using the United States Association of Cider Makers new cider categories for this competition. The judges at this competition are in the trade of buying and selling cider and thus judge the cider on the merits of taste and price point.
CiderCon 2018 – January 30 – February 2, 2018 register and download the program today and start planning your time in Baltimore, Maryland at CiderCon!
Podcast Episode mentioned
Ask for the following 9 #ciderGoingUP Campaign sponsors – By supporting these cider makers, you in turn help Cider Chat.
- Kurant Cider – Pennsylvania : listen to Joe Getz on episode 14
- Big Apple Hard Cider – NYC : listen to Danielle von Scheiner on episode 35
- Oliver’s Cider and Perry – Herefordshire/UK ; listen to Tom Oliver on episode 29
- Santa Cruz Cider Company – California : listen to Nicole Todd on episode 60
- The Cider Project aka EthicCider– California
- Albermale CiderWorks : listen to Chuck Shelton on episode 56
- Cider Summit : listen to Alan Shapiro founder of this cider fest on episode 75.
- Ramborn Cider Co. Luxembourg.
- Big Fish Cider Co. Virginia
Please Help Support Cider Chat Please donate today. Help keep the chat thriving!
Find this episode and all episodes at the page for Cider Chat’s podcasts.
Follow on twitter @ciderchat
Haven’t downloaded this chat yet? Here is is again.