Gypsy Circus Cider Company founders and makers, Stephanie & Aaron Carson, are helping to put cider on the map in Tennessee. They have two facilities with one dedicated to barrel aging ciders and the main production site which is also the location for their Gypsy Circus Taproom.
The cidery opened for business in April of 2016 and has produced over 16 ciders each with whimsical names that connect to the backdrop of their gypsy lifestyle (the couple like to travel) and to the circus life.
Whilring Deverish – a coffee cider make with Nashville based Frothy Monkey coffee took home a gold from GLINTCAP in 2017
Shadow Puppet – a barrel aged wild cider garnered a silver medal at GLINTCAP
The Carson’s pay attention to detail not only with their ciders, but also their branding. Take a look at the logo of their dry cider Raindancer in the photo below and listen to Aaron talk about the hidden graphics “easter eggs” that they put on this label.
Part of the couple’s success is that they are keenly aware of how the beverage market works.
Aaron Carson is the author of East Tennessee Beer pictured below.
He is the executive director for Superfly Fabulous Events, founder of Tri-Cities Craft Beer Week and Tennessee Championship of Beers. Aaron co-founded the Brewly Noted Beer Trail and started the Tri-Cities Pro Brewers Guild.
Don’t forget to enter the Giveaway for 2 tickets to Cider Circus August 26, 2017 at Copper Mountain Ski Resort in Colorado http://cidercircus.com/ Enter by subscribing to eCiderNews and be automatically entered or become a Patron of Cider Chat and be entered automatically to all Cider Chat contests and giveaways.
Contact Gypsy Circus Cider Company
The OutCider Taproom (behind the building)
2645 Fort Henry Drive
Kingsport, TN 37664
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/gypsycircuscider
Mentions in this chat
- 40th Annual Unicoi Apple Festival this year October 6 & 7, 2017- http://unicoicounty.org/apple-festival/
Ask for the following 7 #CiderGoingUP Campaign cider supporters – By supporting these cider makers, you in turn help Ciderville.
- Kurant Cider – Pennsylvania : listen to Joe Getz on episode 14
- Big Apple Hard Cider – NYC : listen to Danielle von Scheiner on episode 35
- Oliver’s Cider and Perry – Herefordshire/UK ; listen to Tom Oliver on episode 29
- Santa Cruz Cider Company – California : listen to Nicole Todd on episode 60
- The Cider Project aka EthicCider– California
- Albermale CiderWorks : listen to Chuck Shelton on episode 56
- Cider Summit : listen to Alan Shapiro founder of this cider fest on episode 75.
Please Help Support Cider Chat Please donate today. Help keep the chat thriving!
Find this episode and all episodes at the page for Cider Chat’s podcasts.
Follow on twitter @ciderchat
Haven’t downloaded this chat yet? Here is is again.