Kurant Cider is back on Cider Chat discussing the opening of a Tasting Room in the area of Philidelphia called Fishtown. Cider will be available to go in can and growlers at the 436 E. Girard Ave location.
Kurant Cider is co owned by Joe Getz and Michael Meyers.
Joe is the head cidermaker at Kurant and the Vice President of the Pennsylvania Cider Guild, the commonwealth’s organizing body for cider producers and apple growers in PA.
In this chat, Joe tells us about lessons learned over the past two years in regards to what is a cidery startup needs to pay attention to, news on the PA Guild work on having cider recognized as a “zone commodity” and where to find Kurant Cider this summer.
Kurant has moved around a bit finding a home from one brewery to another.
Kurant sources local juice and is able to make cider year-round.
Kurant Ciders, currently being offered on draft at many great bars in Philadelphia
- Daily 5.5%
- Earth 5.5%
- Bees 5.5%
- Tropic 5.5%
- Farm 5.5%
- Cafe’ 3.5%
- Spice 5.5%
Contact Kurant Cider by going to http://www.kurantcider.com/contact/
Follow Kurant via:
Looking for Pennsylvania Cider?
- Look at the Pennsylvania Cider Guild website
- June 24th
- October 21
Mentions in this Chat
- Enter the Giveaway for 2 tickets to Cider Circus August 26, 2017 at Copper Mountain Ski Resort in Colorado http://cidercircus.com/ Enter by subscribing to eCiderNews and be automatically entered or become a Patron of Cider Chat and be entered automatically to all Cider Chat contests and giveaways.
- Featured music in this episode by the Screaming J’s from Asheville, North Carolina. Song title is Don’t Pull Out from the Got Boogie album
Ask for the following 7 #CiderGoingUP Campaign cider supporters – By supporting these cider makers, you in turn help Ciderville.
- Kurant Cider – Pennsylvania : listen to Joe Getz on episode 14 and his update on episode 82
- Big Apple Hard Cider – NYC : listen to Danielle von Scheiner on episode 35
- Oliver’s Cider and Perry – Herefordshire/UK ; listen to Tom Oliver on episode 29
- Santa Cruz Cider Company – California : listen to Nicole Todd on episode 60
- The Cider Project aka EthicCider– California
- Albermale CiderWorks : listen to Chuck Shelton on episode 56
- Cider Summit : listen to Alan Shapiro founder of this cider fest on episode 75.
Please Help Support Cider Chat Please donate today. Help keep the chat thriving!
Find this episode and all episodes at the page for Cider Chat’s podcasts.
Follow on twitter @ciderchat
Haven’t downloaded this chat yet? Here is is again.