Attorney Lindsey Zahn specializes in wine law, but there is no denying her interest in cider and the laws governing it commerce…and yes these there is a difference between wine and cider!
Her wine blog On Reserve has been selected as on of the top 100 wine law blogs by the American Bar Association Journal.
In this chat we discuss:
- The differences between wine and cider.
- Gray areas of cider law
- What comes first the licensing, permitting or trademark of your new cidery?
- Certification of Label Approval (COLA)
- Social media and how they are subject to government regulation
- 27 CFR part 4 which is the Labeling and advertising of wine from The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB)
- Tide House and how it affects regulations on alcohol
- And, what can Cidermakers do in regards to labeling vintage on their cider?
Contact Lindsey Zahn
On Reserve wine blog http://www.winelawonreserve.com/
The firm that Lindsey works for: Lehrman Beverage Law
Mentions in this chat
- Lindsey’s February 2017 post on TTB Issues Temporary Rule Modifying Federal Regulations for Hard Cider
- 045: John Cline Ph.D. & Derek Plotkowski | Pomology Cider Research, Canada
- Shelton Brothers Santa’s Butt and challenging labeling censorship
- Winners of the Giveaway for 2 tickets to Cider Circus August 26, 2017 at Copper Mountain Ski Resort in Colorado http://cidercircus.com/ where announced on this chat. Go to minute 1:05:55
Ask for the following 7 #CiderGoingUP Campaign cider supporters – By supporting these cider makers, you in turn help Ciderville.
- Kurant Cider – Pennsylvania : listen to Joe Getz on episode 14
- Big Apple Hard Cider – NYC : listen to Danielle von Scheiner on episode 35
- Oliver’s Cider and Perry – Herefordshire/UK ; listen to Tom Oliver on episode 29
- Santa Cruz Cider Company – California : listen to Nicole Todd on episode 60
- The Cider Project aka EthicCider– California
- Albermale CiderWorks : listen to Chuck Shelton on episode 56
- Cider Summit : listen to Alan Shapiro founder of this cider fest on episode 75.
Please Help Support Cider Chat Please donate today. Help keep the chat thriving!
Find this episode and all archived episodes at the page for Cider Chat’s podcasts.
Follow on twitter @ciderchat
Haven’t downloaded this chat yet? Here is is again.