A special listen with five New York State cidermakers, who each brought home medals from the Royal Bath and West Show cider competition in the UK!
The introduction is by Sara Grady, Vice President of Programs at Glynnwood.
Jennifer Smith, Executive Director of the New York Cider Association
This recorded presentation showcases the ciders listed below each maker, beginning with Autumn Stoscheck. – Do note though that there were even more ciders that won awards!
Each of the listed ciders where poured and presented in a straight row before each attendee. The ciders stood tall like touting geese saying “Look at me and take a sip!”
I love being poured a fairly copious amount of cider as it showcases abundance and that is exactly what the party going 24/7 in Ciderville is all about.
- Darling Creek
Ryan Burk, cidermaker at Angry Orchard. Listen to Ryan on episode 9.
- First Flora
Elizabeth Ryan, owner/cidermaker Hudson Valley Farmhouse Cider
- The Last Blacksmith
Dave Defisher – owner/cidermaker Rootstock Ciderworks
Dan Wilson – owner/cidermaker Slyboro Ciderhouse
- La Sainte Terre
Mentions in this Chat
Totally Cider Travels – Come along with Ria of Cider Chat as we travel through Somerset and Herefordshire in the UK visiting makers and drinking cider along the way! The trip begins in Bristol, UK on wednesday April 25 and run through May 2, 2018.
First dibs to go on this trip goes to the Patrons of Cider Chat. You too can join Cider Chat Patreon’s page and become a Patron of Cider Chat helping to support this podcast.
Ask for the following 9 #ciderGoingUP Campaign sponsors – By supporting these cider makers, you in turn help Cider Chat
- Kurant Cider – Pennsylvania : listen to Joe Getz on episode 14
- Big Apple Hard Cider – NYC : listen to Danielle von Scheiner on episode 35
- Oliver’s Cider and Perry – Herefordshire/UK ; listen to Tom Oliver on episode 29
- Santa Cruz Cider Company – California : listen to Nicole Todd on episode 60
- The Cider Project aka EthicCider– California
- Albermale CiderWorks : listen to Chuck Shelton on episode 56
- Cider Summit : listen to Alan Shapiro founder of this cider fest on episode 75.
- Ramborn Cider Co. Luxembourg.
- Big Fish Cider Co. Virginia
Please Help Support Cider Chat Please donate today. Help keep the chat thriving!
Find this episode and all episodes at the page for Cider Chat’s podcasts.
Follow on twitter @ciderchat
Haven’t downloaded this chat yet? Here is is again.