Yes, Maryland’s Got Pommes and there is going to be some big time cider fun at CiderCon2018 in Baltimore!
But first a reminder on: The $900 Price Drop for the Totally Cider Tour to the UK in April 25 – May 2, 2018. Join Ria and other awesome cider friends on this tour of a life time. Go to https://form.jotform.com/73186243884970 and register now!
And overview of Maryland’s Pomme History
Pear Pear chats “Perryville, Maryland” established 1620 and the origin of the surname Perry. PerryPear believes that it comes from the Middle English word ‘perrie’ which means pear tree.
And did you know that there is a town called Hereford, Maryland to the north west of Baltimore?
Lord Baltimore aka Cecil Calvert is referenced in Raphael Semmes book “Crimes and Punishment of Maryland” he told colonist coming to bring: kernels of apples and pears….
Who is attending CiderCon?
The following cider folk are just a few of the awesome people attending
- Tom Oliver
- Gabe Cook, Ciderologist
- Susanna Forbes and James Forbes of Little Pomona Cider, UK
- Alex Peckham, Peckham Cider New Zealand
- Josh Townsend and Jody Scott, New Zealand
- Episode 20: Curt Sherrer, Millstone Cellars, MD
- Distillery Lane Cideworks, MD
- Brian Rutzen, Jackson Cannon, Fritz, Chef
- Quantitative Chemical Fingerprints: John Edwards
- Nutrients Additions or Subtractions and What Happens with Both – Willam Grote, Holly Schmidt, Doug Schmidt and Nathan Williams
Getting to CiderCon from the Airport
LYFT: put in the promo code LyftCiderChat for your first ride on this ride share and receive $5 off your ride.
Here are some estimates of the cost for this trip from the airport to the hotel
- Lyft: $20-29
- Lyft Plus: $30-40
- Lyft Premier: $37-49
- Lyft Lux: $57-70
- Lyft Lux Suv: $71-85
BWI to Marriott Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
12- before 1
6 min walk to the BWI Airport LT Rail
28 min ride – 11 stops.
Get off at Pratt St Light Rail station
walk 1 minute to Howard STreet
And take a Bus on the OrangeLine to Harbor East.
this is an 8 minutes route with 6 stops until you reach the section of Baltimore called Little Italy. Get off and walk throughout Little Italy for 4 minutes to the hotel.
Approximately a 50 min ride
$1.60 both ways
Food options close by Hotel?
What is that monument in the round about by the hotel?
Cider Week Baltimore
Heavy Seas Ale House tap Takeover – 9 minute walk from Hotel
Baltimore, MD 21231
Tap Takeovers at Max’s – 11 minute walk from Hotel
February 11, 2018 – New York International Beer Competition (NYIBC) is accepting cider entries NOW! NYIBC is using the United States Association of Cider Makers new cider categories for this competition. The judges at this competition are in the trade of buying and selling cider and thus judge the cider on the merits of taste and price point.
Ask for the following 9 #ciderGoingUP Campaign sponsors – By supporting these cider makers, you in turn help Cider Chat
- Kurant Cider – Pennsylvania : listen to Joe Getz on episode 14
- Big Apple Hard Cider – NYC : listen to Danielle von Scheiner on episode 35
- Oliver’s Cider and Perry – Herefordshire/UK ; listen to Tom Oliver on episode 29
- Santa Cruz Cider Company – California : listen to Nicole Todd on episode 60
- The Cider Project aka EthicCider– California
- Albermale CiderWorks : listen to Chuck Shelton on episode 56
- Cider Summit : listen to Alan Shapiro founder of this cider fest on episode 75.
- Ramborn Cider Co. Luxembourg.
- Big Fish Cider Co. Virginia
Please Help Support Cider Chat Please donate today. Help keep the chat thriving!
Find this episode and all episodes at the page for Cider Chat’s podcasts.
Follow on twitter @ciderchat
Haven’t downloaded this chat yet? Here is is again.