Emily Ritchie is the Executive Director of the Northwest Cider Association a region covering Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and British Columbia. This region’s cider scene is on fire and growing!
The Northwest Cider Association was formed in 2010. The following Washington State cideries listed below initially kick started the Association.
- Tieton Cider Works
- Whitewood Cider
- Snow Drift Cider
- Alpinefire Cider
- Finnriver Farm & Cidery
- Eaglemount Wine & Cider
- Methow Valley Ciderhouse
- Westcott Bay Cider, one of the oldest cideries in the state
Soon after Oregon cideries began joining and now the current list of cideries is around 300 members and growing!
- Emily has deep roots to the UK via her father who is from England. After a trip to Herefordshire she returned to the US with an even greater drive to get involved in her region’s cider scene. She was most recently the Program Manager at the Association for a year and a half and then moved into the Executive Director position when the Sherrye Wyatt, stepped down.
What is the goal of the association?
- To educate and keep helping move the cider revival forward
What is apple cider per the Northwest Cider Association?
- Cider is a fermented apple juice
3 Events mentioned in this chat
Washington Cider Week takes place in September every year from the 8 to the 18th
- There are so many events, that this event is actually more than seven days
- Washington Cider Week is launched in conjunction with the Seattle Cider Summit –
- The British Columbia week of cider kicks off at Seed Cider, near Victoria with events throughout the region
Cider Rite of Spring – large cider fest in Portland
Contact info for Emily Ritchie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the Northwest Cider Association on Twitter @nwcider
Mentions in this chat:
- Cider Chat’s upcoming trip to podcast with Eric Bordelet
- Kurant Cider is part of the Cider Chat’s #CiderGoingUp Campaign. As such I happily share news and updates for the Pennsylvania cidery. Go to the link and listen to Joe Getz of Kurant share his story of the cidery. Find a link to their website and join their new cider club The Scratters ( a swap, meet up and learn about cider group).
Are you a commercial cidermaker? For the cost of 2-bottles per month you can join the CiderGoing Up Campaign too. Join in via the Cider Chat Patreon Page and Help Keep This Chat Thriving!